Ambulance Services are provided from nine ambulance stations situated throughout the area..
Annually, EMS professionals from these nine stations respond to approximately
1600 emergency calls and provide 2500 transfers between hospitals. In this area, ambulance services are provided through a combination of privately contracted and Saskatchewan Health Authority-owned
Ambulance bases are situated in the following
- Carrot River – NorthEast Emergency Medical Services
- Hudson Bay - Saskatchewan Health Authority Emergency Medical Services
- Kelvington – Kelvington Ambulance Care Ltd.
- Melfort – Melfort Ambulance Care (1999) Ltd.
- Naicam - Quill Plains Ambulance Care (Naicam Division)
- Nipawin– NorthEast Emergency Medical Services
- Porcupine Plain - Saskatchewan Health Authority Medical Services
- Rose Valley - Shamrock Ambulance Care ( Rose Valley Division)
- Tisdale – Tisdale Ambulance Care Ltd.
Ambulance Services can be accessed by dialing 911 in an
Emergency or by dialing 310-5000 to book an ambulance for
First Responders are volunteers trained to provide basic life support, care
for patients and assist ambulance crews at an emergency scene. They may
include citizens of a community, police officers and/or firefighters.
There are currently 25 First Responder groups in this area, serving the communities of Arborfield, Aylsham, Zenon Park, Carrot
River, Battle Heights, Tobin Lake, Choiceland, Smeaton, Snowden, Little Bear
Lake, Codette, White Fox, Red Earth, Shoal Lake, Brooksby, Yellow Creek, St.
Brieux, Archerwill, Barrier Valley, Greenwater Provincial Park, Marean Lake, St.
Front area, Bjorkdale, Lintlaw and Okla.
In addition, there are four ancillary First Responder groupsin the area
that respond with other community departments. They serve the communities of
Nipawin (with fire), Tisdale (with fire), Hudson Bay (with fire) and Porcupine
Plain (with Search & Rescue).
If you are Interested in the First Responder program or would like
more information on Emergency Medical Services, contact:
Pam McKay, Executive Transition Lead, Integrated Health
Services, Saskatchewwan Health Authority