Kelsey Trail Health Region ensures a range of accessible itinerant surgical services are available to residents as close to home as possible.
Visiting specialists are granted privileges to provide itinerant surgical services at KTHR district hospitals in Melfort and Nipawin. Surgical services include pediatric dental surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, otolaryngology (ear/nose/throat), orthopedics, ophthalmology, urology, plastic surgery and general surgery.
In addition to the surgical services provided by visiting specialists, a number of KTHR physicians also perform a variety of surgical procedures within the region.
KTHR SURGICAL SERVICES
- Dr. Laosebikan (Yemi) - General Surgeon
- Dr. Hanekom - Physician
- Dr. Strydom - Physician
- Dr. Balakrishnan - Physician
VISITING SURGICAL SERVICES
- Dr. Hamilton - Ophthalmology
- Dr. D. Loback, Dr. T. Loback, Dr. McIvor - Orthopedics
- Dr. Moodliar - Gynecology
- Dr. Burwell - Plastic Surgery
- Dr. Mabadeje - General Surgery
- Dr. Little & Dr. Bergstein - Dental Surgery
Melfort & Nipawin
- Dr. Martin, Dr. Brijlall, Dr. Moodley, Dr. Silveria - Orthopedics
- Dr. Stevens - Otolaryngology (Ear/Nose/Throat)
- Dr. Maciel - Urology